Actaea racemosa (Cimicifuga) 30, 200 Benefits, Uses, Antidote And Side Effects
Cimicifuga Racemosa Symptoms and main-disease nature
(1) Specially useful in Gynaecology
- Diseases of menstruation and chorion
- Mental symptoms being developed when physical symptoms suppressed
- Miscarriage in the third month
(2) Arthritis (pain in the muscles, joints, head due to moisture)
Decrease in symptoms
- Wearing warm clothes reduces disease
- Felling better after eating
Increase in symptoms
- Increase in disease during the days of menstruation
- Disease aggravated by cold
(1) Cimicifuga medicine has been tested in a very limited area, but still this medicine has proved effective in many diseases. Its main utility is found in the diseases of women, the main of which are hysteria and gout.
Symptoms of hysteria – Vibration of muscles and sleeplessness – As soon as the patient lies on the bed to sleep, then the muscles on the same side on which she lies start trembling. If she lies down on her back, then the back muscles start trembling, the shoulders start trembling. Right, left, lying on any side, the vibrations on that side make her restless and she cannot sleep. Sometimes tremors, sometimes numbness, sometimes pain—exactly on the side where she lies—t his is a peculiar symptom found in this medicine.
Increase in symptoms during the days of menstruation – Regarding menstruation, the patient should be asked whether her symptoms increase before menstruation, increase during the days of menstruation, or increase after menstruation. Often, the symptoms of women decreases after menstruation, it is natural. But the characteristic feature of Actaea racemosa (Cimicifuga) is that during menstruation, the patient’s discomfort increases, and the more blood is released, the more discomfort increases. During the days of menstruation, a woman feels apathy, ruth, disbelief, muscle tremors, numbness – wherever she lies, her muscles start twitching, she gets up on the bed restlessly. All these disturbances appear during the days of menstruation, and these symptoms also go away when menstruation is gone. In Lachesis and Zincum it is exactly the opposite. At the time of menstruation, all the diseases of the woman are cured, and the diseases come back after menstruation.
Appearance of mental symptoms when physical symptoms are suppressed and physical symptoms comes when mental symptoms are suppressed – Sometimes the physical symptoms of the patient are suppressed with strong drugs, but after some period they produce psychotic symptoms. For example, if gout is suppressed, then the patient becomes mentally imbalanced, sometimes arthritis gets cured, but diarrhoea starts, abdominal pain starts. Blood starts coming from the geriatrics. On the removal of physical symptoms, the appearance of mental symptoms and after the removal of mental symptoms, physical symptoms are found in this medicine.
The patient of Actea racemosa comes one day and says that she has pain all over her body, wherever she lies, the muscles on that side start twitching, that’s why she wakes up, that’s why she can’t sleep at night .If she comes the next time does not say anything about her physical pain, only says that she is nervous, does not live to do anything, she says she loves to cry. The appearance of mental symptoms when the physical symptoms are suppressed and the appearance of physical symptoms when the mental symptoms are suppressed is the special property of this medicine.
Comparison of Cimicifuga and Pulsatilla – This type of change of symptoms is also found in Pulsatilla, but Cimicifuga is cold-predominant medicine, Pulsatilla is heat-predominant medicine. In Pulsatilla the disease changes its location, does not change form. If there is pain in the knee, then that pain can go to the other knee or elsewhere, but the pain will remain the pain, it will not take any other form. In Cimicifuga, the pain is suppressed and convert a mental symptoms like sadness, despair, crying etc. In this sense Actaea racemosa ( Cimicifuga ) can be compared to the Abrotanum, but in that one physical symptom is suppressed and another physical symptom—a completely new symptom appears, but not converted in mental symptoms. For example, by suppressing diarrhoea in the abrotanum, gout will develop, haemorrhoids will occur. Actaea racemosa has a greater effect on the nervous system than the abrotanum.
Comparison of Actaea racemosa and ignatia – Variability of symptoms is also found in ignatia. Ignatia is also cold-oriented like actaea racemosa ( Cimicifuga ), but the difference is that the disease of Ignatia is mostly due to sorrow. Someone’s husband is dead, someone’s wife has died, someone is troubled by unsatisfied love. Ignatia is used in these types of sorrow-borne diseases.
Abortion in the third month and spontaneous delivery – If there is an abortion in the third month, then in such a situation, if a pregnant woman is given 3x of actaea racemosa ( Cimicifuga ) every 3 hours before one or two months of delivery, then there will be no abortion. Sabina also prevents abortion in the third month. If there is an abortion in the fifth or seventh month, then use sepia 30. Women who have a natural miscarriage should be given 4-5 drops of mother tincture of Viburnum daily.
(2) Arthritis – Its patient is cold-headed, cold and moist air gives rise to the condition of arthritis in his body, there is no pain only in the muscles and joints, pain starts in the whole body also there is pain in the nerves. There is pain in the liver also due to the cold of moist weather, this cold causes pain in the whole body, but in the head he wants cold air. The patient is cold-headed – this is the ‘general’ form of the patient, but the head wants coolness – this is the ‘particular’ form of the patient. We have already said that when the patient’s physical pain, rheumatism subside then his mental symptoms like anguish, despair, hopelessness, etc., begin to appear, and when his mental suffering appears then his physical sufferings subside. In this case actaea racemosa ( cimicifuga ) is beneficial.
Other symptoms of Actea racemosa (Cimicifuga)
- Insanity or delirium after delivery.
- It is given after delivery when there is no release of lochia or placenta due to lack of regular shrinkage of the chorion.
- Uterine neuralgia which sometimes goes to one side and sometimes to the other side, If this pain goes from right side to left, then Lycopodium and if it goes from left to right, then Ipecac or lachesis is useful.
- It cures Neuralgia similar to electrical shock in the body due to malfunction of the menstrual cycle.
- Headache associated with the chorion. The headache of cimicifuga starts from the eye and extends to the top of the head or the trunk of the head immediately behind it; The
- headache of cimicifuga begins at the eye and extends to the top of the head or the nape of the head immediately behind it; Headache of Spigelia starts from the left side of the back of the head, runs through the top of the head and ends on the left eye. The headache of Actaea racemosa is more severe at night than during the day; In contrast, the headache of Spigelia is more severe during the day, starts at sunrise and lasts till sunset. Cedron is useful if there is pain around the left eye at exactly the same time every day.
Potency and nature – Cimicifuga medicine works well in potencies of 30, 200, 1000 and above. Medicines are for ‘cold’ – nature.
Antidote of actaea racemosa ( cimicifuga ) – Aconite, Baptisia.