Homeopathy Medicine for Influenza Fever
Table of Contents
Patient develops sudden rise in fever. Temperature rises in a short time to 102-104 F, with severe headache, pain behind the eyes, shivering, anorexia, pain in the limbs and back. These are the characteristic features of INFLUENZA FEVER.
Usually accompanied by catarrh, malaise, and prostration that are out of proportion to the temperature; there may be true bradycardia.
Symptoms of Influenza Viruses
The symptoms of the flu initially resemble those of a common cold, including a runny nose, sneezing, and sore throat; however, colds typically worsen with the flu because they typically develop more slowly.
The flu frequently exhibits the following symptoms:
- Aching muscles
- Chills and sweats
- Dry, persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- Tiredness and weakness
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Eye pain
- diarrhea and vomiting, but children are more likely than adults to experience these symptoms
Causes of Influenza Viruses
When an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, influenza viruses are released into the air as droplets that can be inhaled directly or picked up and carried to the eyes, nose, or mouth by touching contaminated surfaces like a phone or computer keyboard.
Children and those with compromised immune systems may be contagious for a little bit longer than adults, usually from the day before symptoms appear until about five days after they begin.
If we had influenza in the past, our body has already produced antibodies to combat that particular strain of the virus, and if future influenza viruses are similar to those encountered previously, either by having the disease or by receiving vaccination, those antibodies may prevent infection or lessen its severity, but antibody levels may decline over time.
- Age.Children aged 6 months to 5 years and people 65 years of age and older are typically the main populations affected by seasonal influenza.
- Living or working conditions.People who are hospitalized and those who live or work in settings with a high concentration of other residents, such as nursing homes or military barracks, are more susceptible to the flu.
- Weakened immune system.Your immune system may become weakened as a result of HIV/AIDS, cancer treatments, anti-rejection medications, long-term steroid use, organ transplant, blood cancer, or cancer of the blood vessels.
- Chronic illnesses.You may be more likely to experience influenza complications if you have a chronic illness, such as diabetes, heart disease, kidney, liver, or blood disease, diabetes, a nervous system disorder, a metabolic disorder, an abnormality of the airways, or a lung disease like asthma.
- Race.The risk of complications from influenza may be higher in Native Americans.
- Aspirin use under age 19.Reye’s syndrome can occur in people under the age of 19 who take long-term aspirin therapy.
- Pregnancy.Up to two weeks after giving birth, women are more likely to experience complications from the flu than non-pregnant people, with the risk being highest in the second and third trimesters.
- Obesity.An increased risk of flu complications exists in individuals with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher.
- Asthma flare-ups
- Heart problems
- Ear infections
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
One of the most dangerous side effects is pneumonia, which can be fatal for elderly people and those who suffer from a chronic illness.
Homeopathic Treatment of Influenza Viruses
Arsenicum albumAlong with other arsenicum album symptoms, sneezing, thin, watery nasal discharge, which excoriates the upper lip, and a dull, throbbing, frontal headache are signs that arsenicum album is effective for treating this influenza.
Eupatorium perfoliatumthe temperature creeps in between 7 am and 9 pm, preceded by headache and an insatiable thirst, which rarely progresses into fever, has hoarseness, worse in the morning, cough, and extreme soreness in the chest, along the trachea; there is aching all over the body; and the fever rarely lasts.
Rhus toxicodendronhas a typical influenza fever, is restless, stiff, and sore, has a hoarse voice, a chill with a dry cough, and develops an urticarial rash when it gets hot.
Influenzinumis a nosode made from the influenza virus that is typically prescribed in doses of 12C or 30C, either in pill or liquid form. Ten pellets are typically dissolved in six ounces of water, and one dessert spoon is used as the dosage, with the claim that this amount is sufficient to control a significant portion of the population.
It generally prevents the spread of the illness and clears up colds, whether they are of influenza type or not, says Clarke. “When there is beginning of cold that appears in the family, prescribe arsenicum album 3C to all who are not affected, three times daily, and give influenzinum 30C, every hour or two.
OscillococcinumIt is very useful in the beginning of influenza as well as during convalescence, according to Dr. Pierre Schmidt. Use the remedy in 200C every two to three hours or repeat only if necessary. was first identified as a nosode by Joseph Roy in 1925. During the culture, some oscillatory movements were observed in the germs.