Homeopathy Medicine for Sarcoidosis
Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory condition that affects the lungs, lymph nodes, eyes, skin, heart, and other organs. It is characterized by the development of small clusters of inflammatory cells (granulomas) in any part of the body.
CAUSES OF SARCOIDOSIS
Research suggests that infectious agents, chemicals, dust, and a possible abnormal reaction to the body’s own proteins (self-proteins) could be to blame for the formation of granulomas in people who are genetically predisposed. Although the cause of sarcoidosis is unknown, experts believe it results from the body’s immune system responding to an unknown substance.
SYMPTOMS OF SARCOIDOSIS
Sarcoidosis can manifest in a variety of ways, depending on which organs are affected, including slowly developing symptoms that last for years, suddenly appearing symptoms that disappear just as quickly, and many cases of sarcoidosis that go undetected until a chest X-ray is taken for another reason.
These symptoms and signs of sarcoidosis can appear first:
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Weight loss
- Joint aches and swelling, particularly in ankle joints
The lungs are typically affected by sarcoidosis, which can result in lung issues like:
- Persistent dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
Skin conditions brought on by sarcoidosis could include:
- An itchy, warm, and tender rash of red or reddish-purple bumps that typically appears on the shins or ankles.
- lesions that are unsightly on the ears, cheeks, and nose
- Skin that is lighter or darker in color in certain places
- nodules, which are growths under the skin that are most common around tattoos or scars
Regular eye exams are important because sarcoidosis can affect the eyes even when no symptoms are present.
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
- dry eyes, stinging, or burning
- Severe redness
- Sensitivity to light
Cardiac sarcoidosis: A heart under attack
The following list of cardiac sarcoidosis-related signs and symptoms is possible:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Fainting (syncope)
- Irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias)
- Palpitations are an irregular or rapid heartbeat.
- Edema, or swelling brought on by an abundance of fluid
In addition to affecting the nervous system, muscles, bones, and joints, the liver and spleen, kidneys, lymph nodes, and any other organ, sarcoidosis can also impact calcium metabolism.
CAUSES OF SARCOIDOSIS
The exact cause of sarcoidosis is unknown, but some people seem to be genetically predisposed to the condition, which can be brought on by bacteria, viruses, dust, or other substances.
As granulomas accumulate in an organ, the function of that organ may be impacted. This results in an immune system overreaction, and immune cells start to gather in an inflammatory pattern known as granulomas.
Sarcoidosis can affect anyone, but certain things may make it more likely:
Age and sex
COMPLICATIONS OF SARCOIDOSIS
Long-term issues can occasionally result from sarcoidosis.
- Lungs-Untreated pulmonary sarcoidosis can result in pulmonary fibrosis, a chronic lung scarring condition that makes breathing difficult and may occasionally result in pulmonary hypertension.
- Sarcoidosis is a rare condition that can also lead to cataracts and glaucoma in the eyes, as well as inflammation that can harm the retina and eventually lead to blindness.
- Kidneys-Kidney stones, decreased kidney function, and, in rare cases, kidney failure can result from sarcoidosis’ impact on the body’s ability to handle calcium.
- Heart-Granulomas brought on by cardiac sarcoidosis develop in the heart and may occasionally cause death by interfering with normal heart rhythm, blood flow, and function.
- When granulomas develop in the brain and spinal cord, a small percentage of people with sarcoidosis experience issues with the central nervous system, including inflammation of the facial nerves which can result in facial paralysis.
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR SARCOIDOSIS
ARSENIC IOD :When there is persistent greenish-yellow and pus-like expectoration and the lungs and bronchial tubes are inflamed, it is helpful to treat sarcoidosis.
IODIUM :Acute catarrh of the mucous membranes can also be treated with this medicine, which is best suited to thin, dark complex people with enlarged lymph nodes.
TUBERCULINUM :Appropriate for people with light complexions and slim, flat, narrow chests, this medication is useful for sarcoidosis, the cause of which is still unknown.
BRYONIA ALBA :When the lungs and serous membranes are affected by sarcoidosis, this treatment is beneficial. It is also very helpful for respiratory system ailments.
RHUSTOXWhen given based on the respiratory and skin symptoms of sarcoidosis, which include itchy, reddish eruptions, swollen glands, and a dry, irritable cough, this medication is very effective.
LYCOPODIUM :Especially helpful for sarcoidosis when symptoms develop on the right side of the body.