Homeopathy Medicine for Influenza
The respiratory system, including the nose, throat, and lungs, are all affected by influenza, a viral infection.
Table of Contents
SYMPTOMS OF INFLUENZA
With a runny nose, sneezing, and sore throat at first, the flu may resemble a typical cold; however, colds typically worsen over time, whereas the flu typically strikes suddenly.
The flu frequently exhibits the following symptoms:
- Aching muscles
- Chills and sweats
- Dry, persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- Tiredness and weakness
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Eye pain
- diarrhea and vomiting, but children are more likely than adults to experience these symptoms
CAUSES OF INFLUENZA
When an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, influenza viruses are released into the air in droplets that can be directly inhaled, or they can be picked up and transferred to the eyes, nose, or mouth from a phone or computer keyboard.
Children and those with compromised immune systems may be contagious for a little bit longer than adults, usually from the day before symptoms appear until about five days after they begin.
If someone has previously had influenza, their body has already produced antibodies to fight that particular strain of the virus. If future influenza viruses are similar to those one has encountered previously, either by having the disease or by receiving a vaccination, those antibodies may prevent infection or lessen its severity. However, antibody levels may decline over time.
In addition, new influenza strains that can be very different from previous strains of the virus may not be protected by antibodies against influenza viruses that a person has previously encountered.
Our likelihood of getting the flu or any complications from it could be impacted by a number of factors, including:
- Age-Children aged 6 months to 5 years and people 65 years of age and older are typically the main populations affected by seasonal influenza.
- **Living or working conditions** People are more likely to get the flu if they live or work in crowded settings with lots of other people, like nursing homes or military barracks, as well as if they are hospitalized.
- Your immune system may be weakened by HIV/AIDS, blood cancer, organ transplants, anti-rejection medications, long-term steroid use, cancer treatments, and steroids.
- Chronic illnesses-You may be more likely to experience influenza complications if you have a chronic illness, such as diabetes, heart disease, kidney, liver, or blood disease, diabetes, a nervous system disorder, a metabolic disorder, an abnormality of the airways, or a lung disease like asthma.
- Native Americans may be at higher risk for complications from the flu than other races.
- When taking aspirin for a prolonged period of time, people under the age of 19 run the risk of developing Reye’s syndrome if they contract the flu.
- Pregnancy-Up to two weeks after giving birth, women are more likely to experience complications from the flu than non-pregnant people, with the risk being highest in the second and third trimesters.
- Obesity: Those who have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher are at a higher risk of developing flu complications.
COMPLICATIONS OF INFLUENZA
- Asthma flare-ups
- Heart problems
- Ear infections
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
One of the most dangerous side effects is pneumonia, which can be fatal for elderly people and those who suffer from a chronic illness.
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR INFLUENZA
ACONITE :When influenza is brought on by stress, repressed sweating, or exposure to chilly, dry winds, it is advised to use this remedy if there is a sudden onset of fever and chills, a throbbing pulse, and intense restlessness.
EUPATORIUM PERF :Useful for influenza with severe limb pain that feels like the bones are breaking, when the patient is unable to move because of the pain, when there is shivering and a chill in the back that starts between 7 and 9 am, when there is possible bile vomiting similar to that seen in dengue break fever cases, and when the patient is unable to move for fear of pain.
BRYONIA ALBA :The tongue is coated white with a thirst for water or cold liquids, the patient wants to lie down still and needs to be left alone, and the pain is better by pressure but worse on movement. This is an indication that the patient has a fever.
RHUSTOX :When the patient becomes tired again, the pains reappear. Given that the illness may start with dampness and on getting wet while perspiring. Useful for influenza with bruised, lame, and painful limbs on attempting to move, but the pain and soreness pass with continuous movement.
PYROGENIUM :Helpful when tongue has a clean varnished look and the pulse is out of proportion to the fever. Suit to patient who is extremely chilly, no fire can give enough warmth. Useful for excruciating pain in the lower limbs and the lumbar region, especially the thick muscles.
BAPTISIA :Patient has a besotted appearance, is red but dull, and has a sudden attack of violent diarrhea and vomiting that is accompanied by great prostration; this is useful for influenza for sudden onset that runs quickly to a stupid typhoid state.