Homeopathy Medicine for Impetigo
Impetigo, which is pronounced “im-puh-TIE-go,” is a common skin infection that primarily affects infants and young children.
Table of Contents
- A yellowish-brown crust eventually forms over red sores that break open quickly, ooze for a few days, and then do so.
- However, towels, clothing, and fingers can spread the sores to other parts of the body. The sores typically appear around the nose and mouth.
- Soreness and itching are typically not too bad.
the disorder, which is less prevalent, manifests in the following ways:
- larger blisters that develop on a baby’s or young child’s trunk.
Impetigo’s severest variation is this.
Deep ulcers are caused by this penetrating the skin more deeply, which results in painful, pus- or fluid-filled sores.
- the following bacteria, either one or both, can cause impetigo:
- group AStreptococcus
- Staphylococcus aureus.
when we touch objects like clothing, bed linen, towels, or even toys that have been touched by an infected person or their sores.
Impetigo risk factors include the following:
- Age.Children between the ages of 2 and 5 are most frequently affected by impetigo.
- Crowded conditions.In settings like schools and daycare centers, impetigo spreads quickly.
- Warm, humid weather.The summer is when impetigo outbreaks are most prevalent.
- Certain sports.The likelihood of getting impetigo rises if you play sports like football or wrestling that require skin-to-skin contact.
- Broken skin.A minor skin wound, an insect bite, or a rash are common entry points for the bacteria that cause impetigo.
Ecthyma is more common in adults, those with diabetes, and those with compromised immune systems.
Impetigo usually doesn’t pose a threat, and milder cases of the infection usually don’t leave scars on the sores.
Impetigo complications are sporadic and may involve:
- Cellulitis.Untreated cellulitis may eventually spread to your lymph nodes and bloodstream, affecting the tissues beneath your skin and posing a serious infection that could quickly become fatal.
- Kidney problems.Your kidneys may suffer kidney damage from one of the bacteria that cause impetigo.
- Scarring.Scars may form from the ulcers brought on by ecthyma.
Skin health is best maintained by keeping it clean.
Insect bites, cuts, scrapes, and other wounds should be washed as soon as possible.
To assist in limiting the spread of impetigo:
- With running water and mild soap, gently wash the affected areas, and then lightly cover.
- Do not share any of our family’s clothing, linens, or towels with an infected person; instead, wash them daily.
- To avoid injury from scratching, trim the nails of a child who is infected.
- Wash hands frequently.
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES FOR IMPETIGO:
Mezereum – Natural Remedy for Impetigo with Thick Crusts
Mezereumis made from the fresh bark of a plant known as Daphne Mezereum, also known as Spurge Olive, which belongs to the natural order Thymelaceae.
Graphites – Natural Medicine for Impetigo with Eruptions and Discharge
Homeopathic medicineGraphitesprovides a natural treatment for impetigo. The main indication to use graphites in impetigo include eruptions that exude watery, transparent, sticky, gluey discharges; the eruptions initially appear light-colored with itching; the itching subsides once scabs have formed; in some cases, pus and discharge of watery blood may also be present; and the discharges may be corrosive.
Antimonium Crudum – Natural Homeopathic Remedy for Impetigo with Scabs
Antimonium Crudumis a natural homeopathic treatment for impetigo in cases where the crusty eruptions are painful to touch, usually present on the face around the lips, and covered with thick, hard, honey-colored scabs.
Cicuta – Effective Homeopathic Medicine for Impetigo with Scabs that Itch and Burn
Cicutais a natural remedy for impetigo made from the fresh root of a plant known as Cicuta Virosa, also known as Water Hemlock, which is a member of the Umbelliferae botanical family. Like Antimonium Crudum, Cicuta is indicated for impetigo eruptions with honey-colored scabs that itch and burn, and fall off to reveal a bright red, smooth surface. The eruptions tend to dissipate after a few days
Dulcamara – Natural Homeopathic Medicine for Impetigo Eruptions with Crusts
Dulcamarais a safe, natural treatment for impetigo made from the young, green stems and leaves of a plant called Woody Nightshade, also known as Bitter-Sweet, which is harvested just before the plant flowers.