Homeopathy Medicine for Seborrheic Dermititis
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common, chronic, superficial skin condition that mainly affects the sebaceous cysts that are already present in the skin and results in scaly, itchy, red skin on the scalp, face, upper chest, back, and other oily areas of the body.
With the exception of our palms and soles, almost all of our skin is covered with sebaceous glands, which secrete sebum, an oily substance made up of dead fat-producing cells and fat.
Sebum production appears to be higher in individuals with this condition.
SYMPTOMS OF SEBORRHEIC DERMITITIS
- Scalp crusting that is thick and patchy
- Plaques can be made from the forehead, nose, ears, eyebrows, or scalp.
- The breastbone, the groin, and the armpits may occasionally be affected.
- Scales adhere to the hair’s body and can be white or yellowish.
- scales that are white or yellowish and have greasy, red skin.
- Skin flakes or dandruff
- Skin bumps that are tiny and red-brown
- Itch or soreness
- Hair loss is a very persistent symptom of sebaceous gland inflammation that frequently occurs in these cases.
- Seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff are believed to be closely related, though dandruff is less severe.
CAUSES OF SEBORRHEIC DERMITITIS
A combination of excessive skin oil production and irritation from a yeast called malessizia is thought to be the cause of seborrheic dermatitis.
Malessizia furfur, a naturally occurring yeast that lives on the skin’s surface, has been linked in recent studies to seborrheic dermatitis (4–8). However, other researchers believe that seborrheic dermatitis is an inherited primary inflammatory process, and that malessizia furfur only serves to aggravate the condition secondary to other factors.
Malessizia furfur infections have a negative effect on seborrheic dermatitis sufferers, who develop red, irritated, flaky, and itchy skin.
- love for a close relative
- Oily skin
- Using alcohol-containing hair care products and rarely shampooing your hair
- Skin disorders like acne.
- HIV infections
DIGNOSIS OF SEBORRHEIC DERMITITIS
This helps in excluding other medical conditions that resemble seborrheic dermatitis and can be excluded by speaking with our doctor, allowing him to examine our skin and scalp, and occasionally insisting on a biopsy.
- Atopic dermatitis: This type of dermatitis, which most frequently affects the folds of the elbows, the backs of the knees, or the front of the neck, is a chronic condition that results in itchy, inflamed skin.
- Psoriasis: A skin condition that causes silvery scales to cover dry, red skin; similar to seborrheic dermatitis, it can affect the scalp and result in flaky dandruff; psoriasis patches can range in size from a few spots of dandruff-like scaling to major eruptions that cover large areas of the body.
- The fungal infection ringworm of the scalp, also known as tinea capitis, causes red, itchy, bald-appearing patches on the scalp and is most prevalent in young children and school-aged children.
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT OF SEBORRHEIC DERMITITIS
KALI SULPH :It is given for sticky scales, a moist scalp, and obvious yellow flakes on the scalp. In some cases, heat makes the itching worse.
THUJA :Useful for dry hair with split ends and noticeable white flakes on the scalp. Also helpful when hair is falling out.
GRAPHITES :When there is fetid odor on the scalp and the skin is moist and humid, when there is matting together of the hair or falling of the hair, when the scales may also be present on the margins of the eyelids and behind the ears in addition to the scalp, when the scales reduce after washing but reappear, when there is fetid odor on the skin, when there is fetid odor on the scalp, when there is fetid odor on the skin, and when
NATRUM MUR :The most effective treatment for seborrheic dermatitis when there is a burning sensation on the scalp and an oily, red, and flaky face. Also useful when the scalp is covered in white scurfs.
PHOSPHORUS :Helpful when hair falls out in bunches. In some cases, the hair may fall out in spots and be accompanied by a strong burning sensation. Useful for seborrheic dermatitis where flakiness on the scalp is accompanied by excessive hair fall.