Homeopathy Medicine for Intrauterine Growth Restriction
Previously known as Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR), fetal growth restriction describes a condition in which an unborn child is smaller than it should be because it is not developing normally inside the womb.
The baby is more likely to experience the following health issues due to delayed growth during pregnancy, labor, and after delivery:
- Low birth weight
- handling vaginal delivery’s stresses with difficulty
- Decreased oxygen levels
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Low resistance to infection
- Low Apgar scores, a measurement of the newborn’s physical health used to determine whether special medical attention is required.
- Meconium aspiration, which causes breathing issues, is the inhalation of stools that have been passed while inside the uterus.
- Trouble maintaining body temperature
- elevated red blood cell count erratically
The placenta, the organ connecting the mother and fetus that transports nutrients and oxygen to the fetus while also allowing the discharge of waste products from the fetus, is one of the many potential causes of IUGR.
A mother’s health issues, such as those listed below, may also contribute to the condition.
- Advanced diabetes
- Heart disease or elevated blood pressure
- infections like syphilis, toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, and rubella
- a lung or kidney condition
- Malnutrition or anemia
- Sickle cell anemia
- using illicit drugs, smoking, or consuming alcohol
Other fetal causes could be multiple pregnancies (twins, triplets, or more), or the baby could have chromosomal problems.
The main sign of IUGR is a baby that is underweight for gestational age, or whose estimated weight is lower than that of 90% of babies at the same gestational age.
The baby may be small all over or appear underweight depending on the cause of IUGR. They may also be thin and pale with loose, dry skin. The umbilical cord is frequently thin and dull rather than thick and shiny.
MERCURIUS and SILICEA
NITRICUM ARGENTUM, etc.