Homeopathy Medicine for Proctitis
The rectum is a muscular tube connected to the end of your colon, through which stool travels as it leaves the body. Proctitis is an inflammation of the rectum’s lining.
Proctitis symptoms can be transient or develop into a chronic condition, and they include rectal pain, diarrhea, bleeding, and discharge in addition to the constant urge to urinate.
Proctitis can be a side effect of radiation therapy for some cancers, a sexually transmitted infection, an inflammatory bowel disease (such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis), and it is frequently seen in people with inflammatory bowel disease.
SYMPTOMS OF PROCTITIS
the following are possible proctitis symptoms:
- a persistent urge to urinate that you experience on a regular basis
- Rectal bleeding
- the act of rectally excreting mucus
- Rectal pain
- Your stomach’s left side is hurting.
- having a rectum fullness sensation
- Pain with bowel movements
CAUSES OF PROCTITIS
Rectal lining inflammation can be brought on by a number of illnesses and conditions, such as:
- Inflammatory bowel disease.A third of people with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, also known as inflammatory bowel disease, also have rectal inflammation.
- Infections.Proctitis can be brought on by a variety of infections, including foodborne illnesses like salmonella, shigella, and campylobacter infections, as well as sexually transmitted infections, particularly those spread by anal intercourse.
- Radiation therapy for cancer.Radiation proctitis, or rectal inflammation, can start during radiation therapy and last for a few months after treatment, or it can develop years after radiation therapy is administered to your rectum or nearby areas, such as the prostate.
- Antibiotics.The harmful Clostridium difficile bacteria can grow in the rectum when antibiotics used to treat an infection kill beneficial bacteria in the bowels.
- Diversion proctitis.People who have undergone certain types of colon surgery, in which the passage of stool is diverted from the rectum to a surgically created opening (stoma), are susceptible to developing proctitis.
- Food protein-induced proctitis.Proctitis can develop in children who consume formula made from cow’s milk or soy, as well as children who are breastfed by mothers who consume dairy products.
- Eosinophilic proctitis.Eosinophilic proctitis is a condition that only affects children under the age of two and is brought on by an accumulation of a specific type of white blood cell (eosinophil) in the lining of the rectum.
The choice of a homeopathic remedy is made in accordance with the symptoms present.
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR PROCTITIS
NUX VOMICA :The urge to pass stool is constant and ineffective. It is helpful for constant discomfort in the rectum and scanty stool that is passed each time. Sharp pain in the rectum may also occur after passing stool, and the urge to do so is soon followed by a new urge. The stool is also unsatisfactory, and there is always the feeling that some stool has remained in the rectum.
MERC SOL :Useful for frequent stools, tenesmus of the rectum, which is characterized by the feeling that it will never be finished, as well as for burning and rawness at the anus, weakness following stools, and the potential for fainting.
RATANHIA :Useful for proctitis with prominent pain in the rectum during bowel movements. There is burning at the anus that may persist for a number of hours after passing stool. There is knife-like stitching pain at the anus. Useful for sharp pain in the rectum that feels like you’ve stepped on broken glass.
NITRIC ACID :It is indicated for treating proctitis when there is cutting pain in the rectum after passing stool, which is a symptom of proctitis, and when there is bright bleeding from the rectum along with stool, irritation or itching at the anus, irritability and weakness after passing stool.