Homeopathy Medicine for Small Intestinal Obstruction
A blockage in the small intestine or the large intestine (colon) prevents the passage of food or liquid.
Table of Contents
SYMPTOMS OF INTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION
Occupation of the intestines symptoms and signs include:
- An intermittent, cramping abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- not being able to urinate or expel gas
- Swelling of the abdomen
CAUSES OF INTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION
Adult intestinal obstruction is typically caused by the following:
- After abdominal or pelvic surgery, bands of fibrous tissue called intestinal adhesions may develop in the abdominal cavity.
- Colon cancer
Intussusception, or the telescoping of the intestine, is the most frequent cause of intestinal obstruction in children.
Intestinal obstruction may also result from the following factors:
- Bowel conditions that cause inflammation, like Crohn’s disease
- (Volvulus) Colon twisting
- Impacted feces
The movement of food and fluid through the digestive system can be slowed or stopped by intestinal pseudo-obstruction (paralytic ileus), which mimics intestinal obstruction but does not involve a physical blockage.
Any section of the intestine may be impacted by paralytic ileus, which has a variety of root causes.
- Abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Some drugs that affect the muscles and nerves, such as opioid painkillers like Vicodin and Oxycontin that contain hydrocodone and oxycodone, as well as tricyclic antidepressants like amitriptyline and imipramine (Tofranil)
- neurological and muscular conditions like Parkinson’s disease
Intestinal obstruction risk factors include the following illnesses and conditions:
- Adhesions are a common intestinal obstruction that are frequently caused by abdominal or pelvic surgery.
- Crohn’s disease, which can thicken and narrow the intestine’s inner walls,
- especially if you’ve undergone radiation treatment or had surgery to remove an abdominal tumor, if you have cancer in your abdomen
COMPLICATIONS OF INTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION
Irregularities in the intestines that go untreated can lead to serious, potentially fatal complications, such as:
- Tissue death-An obstruction in the digestive tract can sever a portion of your intestine’s blood supply, which causes the affected tissue to stop receiving oxygen and die. This tissue degeneration can cause an intestinal wall perforation, which can then become infected.
- Peritonitis, the medical term for an infection of the abdominal cavity, is a potentially fatal condition that calls for urgent medical and frequently surgical intervention.
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR INTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION
OPIUM :Useful for difficult flauts emission, feels completely obstructed. There is a feeling of a stone in the abdomen and if the intense will be cut into pieces. There is colic with a constant urge to feces, and frequently there is discharge of hard faeces.
PLUMBUM MET :When the abdominal wall feels like it is being pulled toward the spine by a string or when the navel feels retracted, bending backwards can be helpful for intestinal obstruction. It can also be helpful when the abdominal is tight or retracted because it relieves pressure in the stomach.