Homeopathy Medicine for Syringomyelia
The development of a fluid-filled cyst (syrinx) within the spinal cord is known as syringomyelia. Over time, the cyst can enlarge, harming the spinal cord and leading to symptoms like pain, stiffness, and weakness.
SYMPTOMS OF SYRINGOMYELIA
Syringomyelia can cause problems with the back, shoulders, arms, or legs. Here are some symptoms to watch out for:
- wasting and deterioration of muscles
- Loss of reflexes
- a reduction in the ability to feel heat and pain
- Having back, shoulder, arm, and leg stiffness
- back, arms, and neck discomfort
- Spinal curvature (scoliosis)
CAUSES OF SYRINGOMYELIA
Syringomyelia is a condition in which cerebrospinal fluid, the fluid that surrounds, cushions, and protects the brain and spinal cord, builds up inside the spinal cord itself and forms a fluid-filled cyst (syrinx), for unknown reasons.
Syringomyelia can be brought on by a number of illnesses and conditions, such as:
- Because of a condition called Chiari malformation, your spinal canal is invaded by brain tissue.
- Meningitis, an inflammation of the tissues lining your brain and spinal cord,
- a tumor in the spinal cord that might obstruct the cerebrospinal fluid’s normal flow
- A tethered spinal cord, which is a condition brought on by tissue limiting the movement of your spinal cord, is one example of a condition that exists from birth.
- Symptoms from a spinal cord injury may not appear for months or even years.
COMPLICATION OF SYRINGOMYELIA
Others with syringomyelia have no symptoms, while in some, the condition can progress and cause life-threatening complications.
The following issues could arise as a syrinx grows or if it harms spinal cord nerves:
- Scoliosis, a spine condition where the curve is abnormal
- spinal cord injury-related chronic pain
- Motor issues that can make it difficult to walk include leg muscle weakness and stiffness.
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE FOR SYRINGOMYELIA
The selection of the remedy is based on the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using a holistic approach, which is one of the most well-liked holistic systems of medicine. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the signs and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. Syringomyelia symptoms treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities, and extension of the colitisSulphur, Gelsemium,Cimicifuga, Ruta, Zincum Met, Hypericum, Thuja, Silicea,