Homeopathy Medicine for Teeth Grinding
The condition known as teeth grinding, also known as bruxism, is characterized by excessive teeth clenching or grinding.
SYMPTOMS OF TEETH GRINDING/BRUXISM
The following are possible bruxism symptoms and signs:
- teeth clenching or grinding, which could be loud enough to wake our bed partner
- teeth that are crooked, loose, chipped, or flat
- deeper layers of our teeth are visible due to worn-down tooth enamel.
- teeth’s sensitivity or pain increasing
- jaw muscles that are fatigued or tight, or a jaw that is locked and won’t fully open or close
- A sore jaw, stiff neck, or face
- Despite the fact that it is not an ear issue, pain that mimics an earache may occur.
- dull ache in the temples that first appears
- Chewing has caused harm to the cheek’s interior.
- Sleep disruption
CAUSES OF TEETH GRINDING/BRUXISM
- Awake bruxism– It might be a habit or coping mechanism developed during periods of intense concentration, or it might be brought on by feelings like stress, anxiety, or anger.
- Sleep bruxism-It might be a chewing action related to sleep that is connected to sleep arousals.
COMPLICATIONS OF TEETH GRINDING/BRUXISM
The majority of the time, bruxism does not result in significant complications, but severe bruxism may result in
- Weakness in our jaw, crowns, or restorations
- Tension-type headaches
- extremely painful jaw or face
- TMJ disorders can cause a clicking sound when we open and close our mouths because they affect the joints just in front of our ears.
Grinding of Teeth in Children
Children who grind their teeth go through two stages.
When their teeth emerge
when their adult teeth erupt
Other conditions in children that cause teeth grinding include nutritional deficiencies, worm infestations, psychological factors like stress and anxiety, endocrine disorders, and improperly aligned teeth. Most children stop grinding their teeth after that time.
- Family history: Sleep bruxism is inherited by family members.
- The likelihood of developing bruxism is higher in aggressive or competitive people.
- More vulnerable than adults are young children.
- Constant stress or anxiety.
- Side effect of antidepressants.
- Caffeine-rich diet.
- Excessive alcohol intake.
- Tobacco smoking.
- diseases like Parkinson’s disease, dementia, sleep-related disorders like sleep apnea, ADHD, and epilepsy.
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR TEETH GRINDING/BRUXISM
Useful medication for children who clench or grind their teeth at night while sleeping.
It works well for both teeth grinding and clenching while you sleep and is very effective for bruxism brought on by worm infestation. Other symptoms include restlessness while you sleep, an itchy nose, and stomach pains.
Very effective for bruxism in children during dentition. Appropriate for people who may be very obstinate and quarrelsome. There may be a sensitivity to noise and pain. Useful for bruxism in patients who are prone to getting frequent fits of violent rage.
Given when the patient may experience mood swings, forgetfulness, and mental confusion, as well as when they are restless and delirious, this is a very helpful medication for bruxism that is accompanied by throbbing head pain.
Very effective medication for bruxism associated with high levels of anxiety and restlessness. Administered when patients experience anxiety, have trouble relaxing in one spot, and are prone to moving around.
When teeth grinding happens at night, is accompanied by severe tooth pain and sensitivity, or is accompanied by increased salivation, this medication for bruxism is very effective. It is also advised when ear pain occurs along with the teeth grinding.