Homeopathy Medicine for Steven Johnsons Syndrome
Stevens-Johnson syndrome is a rare but serious disorder of the skin and mucous membranes marked by inflammation of the mucous membrane resulting in a red or purplish rash. Stevens-Johnson syndrome is frequently an unintended side effect of conventional drugs. One of the major groups of drugs is painkillers, which are frequently purchased over-the-counter and include Paracetamol, NSAD, etc.
Though the precise cause is unknown, it is generally accepted that it is a particular kind of allergic reaction to drugs or infections.
- Cox-2 inhibitors
- For infections, use penicillin or sulfonamides
- Herpes (simplex or zoster)
UV radiation or radiation therapy both provide physical stimulation.
The risk for this syndrome is increased by pre-existing illnesses like HIV or SLE that reduce the body’s immunity.
You may be more prone to SJS if you have the HLAB12 gene.
- Facial swelling
- Tongue swelling
- Skin pain
- a contagious rash that is red or purple
- Especially in the mouth, nose, and eyes, you may experience blisters on your skin and mucous membranes.
- Your skin will start to shed (slough off)
Fever, sore throat, coughing, and burning eyes may be present in Stevens-Johnson syndrome patients days before the rash appears.
- Clinical findings
- Meningitis, for instance, is a secondary skin infection.
- When bacteria spread throughout the body through the bloodstream, it causes sepsis.
- When the rash affects the eye, there is a chance that it will cause eye problems and, in some cases, even blindness.
- Internal organ damage: For instance, SJS can cause severe lung disease, nephritis, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Permanent skin damage.
Homoeopathic Treatment :
Stevens-Johnson syndrome is strongly advised to be treated with homoeopathy.
- Apis mellifica:This remedy is most suitable for people who frequently feel sad, disappointed, or even depressed. They tend to cry easily, but may also naturally be irritable and envious. They are not thirsty, but may crave milk. Symptoms are relieved by cool drinks and baths and worsened by heat and warm liquids.
- Calendula:This remedy is frequently used to help the skin condition recover completely for relatively superficial burns and skin lesions after the acute phase has passed.
- Rhus toxicodendron:This remedy is most appropriate for people who are generally restless and unable to get comfortable at night. It is used for blisters and vesicles accompanied by intense itching that worsens at night and improves with the application of heat.
- Sulphur:This remedy is most suitable for people who are thirsty, irritable when sick, lazy, and messy in everyday life, and who describe a feeling of internal heat and burning, and whose symptoms tend to improve with open, cold air and worsen with warmth.